City Issues a Decision
- At the end of the 15-day comment period, the City will take all comments into account and issue a decision** on the variance request.
- Please review the Policy of Criteria that the City Manager will use in deciding to grant, condition or deny the request.
- For more information, please review Bend City Code Chapter 5.50
15 Day Review Period
- To begin the 15-day public comment period, applicants must submit, 1) affidavit of notice, 2) copy of notification to property owners, and 3) the $50 application fee.
- Public comments are received for 15-days upon completion of these requirements.
- Applicant is required to notify property owners within 500 ft. of the event of the request to exceed decibel levels and/or timeframes.
- Staff will review notices prior to sending as a courtesy.
- Staff will provide mailing address information to the applicant.
- Complete the Noise Variance Permit Application and submit to the City NO LATER than 45 days before the event takes place.
- Further instructions will be sent to the applicant upon City's receipt of the application*.
*The applicant has 5 days from receiving the instructions back from the City to notify the public, submit a copy of the property owner notifications, the affidavit of notice and remit the $50 fee payment.
**Once the Noise Variance Permit decision has been issued by the City Manager, there is a 15-day period in which the decision may be appealed to the City Council.