If your property is located within Mt. Bachelor Village, The Courtyards at Broken Top (lots 1-8 and 21-32) or Deschutes Landing, skip to number 3. Otherwise, see number 2.
Initial Operating License
- All operators must obtain an STR Operating License. Land use permittees have 60 days from permit issuance to submit a COMPLETE Initial Short Term Rental Operating License Application & $275 fee.
Missed a deadline?
- You may apply up to 30 days after your deadline has passed. An additional $50 late fee will be applied.
- This late period is applied to initial & renewal operating license timelines as well as in the event of the transfer of an existing STR property.
- An expired operating license will result in the land use permit becoming void due to abandonment of use.
Short Term Rental
- Renew your license annually by submitting a COMPLETE Renewal Application & $200 fee.
- Remit Transient Room Tax as proof of use monthly or quarterly.
- The only properties that are exempt from remitting Transient Room Taxes are those with a Type-I Infrequent Use STR Permit.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS: If an application is not completed within 30 days of your expiration or deadline, the application is withdrawn, the STR Permit becomes void and the fee will be refunded.
- Resources for STR neighbors.
- Make a complaint or report an illegal STR.
- Check to see if your home is eligible for a whole-house rental land use permit.
- Voluntarily void your land use permit.
- Change information on your license (24/7 contact, authorized agent, mailing, etc.).
- Sell/purchase an existing STR & transfer permits/licenses between owners.
- Get information about the required Transient Room Taxes.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Short Term Rentals (STRs) are defined by the City of Bend as rentals of 29 or fewer days per tenant.
Land Use Permit Requirement
A land use permit is required for all STR properties that are not exempt.
- Type-I Owner-Occupied Room Rental of up to 2 bedrooms.
- Type-I Infrequent Use of the whole house for no more than 30 days in no more than 4 rental periods annually.
- Type-II Whole-house Rental activity