Basic Knife Skills
1. Relax your hands on the grip. Don't stress.
2. When holding what you are about to cut, curl your fingers so there is no chance of being cut
3. Don't worry about a grip technique s, as some are designed for more seasoned cooks
4. Sharper knives will cut things faster and cleaner, so it is important to not put your fingers too close to the blade or what you are cutting
5. observe surroundings and memorize the recipe
6. keep blades clean (always wash knives)
7. with everything cooking related , it is best to have your elbows held at your side