TempRE Direct Engagement - Services Proposal
Prepared by Eduardo Leonardo – Business Development Manager Liaison, Liaison Court, Vincent Road, Worcester, WR5 1BW
- £5.5m annual expenditure on Medical agency staff.
- No automated system in place to manage Medical
Agency & Medical Bank
- Manual process to manage all aspects of Medical staff (bank&agency)
- No electronic timesheets - Errors in approvals, invoicing & payments (duplications)
- Lack of control over pay rates for agency and bank
- Adopt centralised or single system for single source of control and information
- Electronic timesheets to ensure accuracy
- Incorporate bank and agency in one platform
- Immediate net savings of £683,845k pa by implementing Liaisons' Direct Engagement model for Medics.
What Is The Liaison Solution Delivery Model?
Full management of the employment lifecycle:
On-boarding and off-boarding of every worker.
Every worker is issued with an employment contract (making NHS pension choices; sign off any induction materials).
Provision of IR35 compliant weekly payroll service.
Tax and NI payments direct to HMRC plus other 3rd party payments as required.
Issue of P45’s to all workers upon contract termination.
Pension payments and administration
(both NHS and auto enrolment).
What is Liaison Direct Engagement?
Facilitates NHS trust engagement with Medical and AHP agency staff. Fully managed solution of; technology, employment contracts & legal support, agency engagement, managed payroll service, helpdesk, account management, on-site support and consultancy.
- Opportunity for savings on agency commission reduce commission up to 15% via rate blocking functionality, benchmarking and booking rate indexation.
- Rate control & ability to measure performance automated detailed reporting to maximise control against both NHSi Caps and the chosen framework.
- Reduced processing costs monthly consolidated invoicing. One single invoice per month for all agency suppliers.
- Total control and visibility centralised system for hiring all locums giving direct control and visibility on which departments hire staff and at what cost.
This document outlines the steps that MKUHFT can take to benefit from substantial immediate savings across the Medical Temporary Staffing group. Based on recent meetings with the Trust below are the key findings and recommendations.
Allocation of project sponsor and key stakeholders from finance, procurement, HR and medical staffing. Estimated 40 hours of Trust time required split across stakeholders.
Dedicated Implementation Team (On-Site): Regional Client Services Manager, Client Services Consultant, Agency Engagement Team, Service Centre (Payroll/Pensions) & Data and Reporting Team.
System set up and training – user training provided to all users and stakeholders – ensuring full utilisation of agreed processes and systems.
can be procured (direct award) via compliant frameworks such as: Crown Commercial Services (G-Cloud 10 & RM1072) and Health Trust Europe (Total Workforce Solutions) Lot 5 - Direct Engagement
IMPLEMENTATION AND COMPLIANCE
PROCURED AND PROJECT DELIVERY IN 4 TO 6 WEEKS - IMMEDIATE BENEFITS REALISATION
Liaison service charges for TempRE Direct Engagement - The service charges applicable for this service are all on a contingency basis. All of which are inclusive of: implementation, system, training, on-site support, agency engagement team, helpdesk, account management, payroll services, reporting, retained legal & HR advice via Clapsticks.
The charge applicable is 4.5% applied to total cost processed for all staff types and resourcing routes, inclusive of a weekly payroll service.