Abortion is when pregnancy is ended, so you do not give birth to a child.
- 38% of people agree abortion should be illegal. 62% of people agree abortion should remain legal.
- For abortion to become illegal, 2/3 of congress would have to approve it.
The Facts About Abortion
125,000 babies are killed by abortion everyday
In 2014, abortion rates were at an all time low. The abortion rate in 2014 was a rate of 12.1 per 1,000 women ages 15-44.
One in three women get an abortion before the age of 45.
49% of pregnancies in the U.S. result in abortions.
- 70,000 women a year die from abortions.
- The top reason women get an abortion is financial issues.
-Fourteen states have passed laws making it harder for women to get abortions.
-The state of Oklahoma has come the closest to banning abortion.
Opinions on abortion by age
% of abortion for each state
Why abortion should be illegal?
-A risk to getting an abortion is an increase risk of maternal death
-Women will be at a greater risk for to get cervical cancer
AWARDED BY FORBES MAGZ
1. Abortion is murder! Life begins at conception. Unborn babies deserve the right to life.
2. Abortions cause phycological damage.
3. It causes many medical concerns for the mother.
Abortion facts. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://visual.ly/community/infographic/health/abortion-facts
Facts and Consequences: Legality, Incidence and Safety of Abortion Worldwide. (2016, December 06). Retrieved from https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2009/11/facts-and-consequences-legality-incidence-and-safety-abortion-worldwide
The Politics of Abortion | SexInfo Online. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/article/politics-abortion
Gallup, Inc. (2010, March 12). Generational Differences on Abortion Narrow. Retrieved from https://news.gallup.com/poll/126581/Generational-Differences-Abortion-Narrow.aspx
SECTION IV: Abortion. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.columbia.edu/itc/hs/pubhealth/modules/reproductiveHealth/abortion.html