Beacon Health System
A Little About the Opportunity:
Reports to Director, Patient Care Services. Through the direct supervision of the professional nursing staff, assists in the care of patients undergoing surgical intervention and assists in the care, preparation, and maintenance of sterile and unsterile supplies and equipment.
- To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community's provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Main OR- 13
Hybrid Suite- 2
Outpatient Suite- 6
16,000 Cases Per Year
Cardiovascular, Orthopedics, Neuro/Spine, Plastics, Bariatric
- Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value.
- Easy access and convenience.
- Outstanding patient experiences
- Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community.
Top 100 Healthiest Employer in U.S.
Voted BEST Employer in Michiana
BE A BEACON
Mayo Clinic Care Partner
MORE ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
-Acts as a primary scrub person who handles the instruments, supplies and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure
- Uses necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure
- Has an understanding of procedures being performed
- Is consistently on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field
- Sometimes acts as an unsterile member of the surgical team, obtaining instruments, supplies and equipment while the surgical procedure is in progress.
- Applies the principles of asepsis
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon
- Assists in emergency situations and uses sound judgment in instituting corrective procedures
up to 4%
Health, Dental, Life, Vision, Paid Time Off
$2,500 Tuition Reimbursement
Certified Surgical Technologist
Completion of Surgical Technology Program
New Graduates Welcome!
$18.14 - $22.40
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus