WORKPLACE STRETCHING by: Kelsey Meyer
3 things to consider:
1. What does the phrase "being work ready" mean to you?
2. What is the first thing you do when going to the gym on the weekends?
3. What about a long car ride?
STRETCH and WARM UP!
Today's goal is to make sure you are keeping your body workplace ready!
We will explain the...
4. STRETCHING EXAMPLES
What are MSD's?
Musculoskeletal Disorders: Injuries and disorders that affect the human body's movement or musculoskeletal system.
COMMON EXAMPLES: Carpal tunnel, tendinitis, ruptured discs, trigger finger, muscle strain etc..
Any type of repetitive motion injury is referred to as an MSD. Many workplace injuries are under the MSD umbrella.
account for all workers comp costs!
WHY DO WE STRETCH? There are SO many benefits to stretching and keeping our muscles warm....
1. It reduces the risk of musculoskeletal injuries! This leads to less days off and lower costs of medical bills
2. Reduces muscular fatigue: The employee can sustain longer periods of working, which is better for the employee and individual
3. Improves posture, balance, and coordination
How can you make it more user friendly or comforable?
Can you stand or have a stability ball at your desk?
Look at your work station!
Be proactive and listen to your body's aches and pains. Communicate with team members.
Take care of your co-workers. A healthy team is a healthy business.
Promote a healthy life
PREVENTION is key!
Take action: stand and let's do these stretches together!
OFFICE EMPLOYEES: focus on arms, wrists, shoulders, and calves
1. Wrist circles
2. Forearm extension and flexion
3. Shoulder rolls
4. Calf raises and stretch
5. Seated and kneeling hip stretches
WAREHOUSE EMPLOYEES: focus on total body stretching
1. Back stretch: cat/cow
2. Hamstring reaches
3. Rotator cuff wall stretch
4. Spinal twist
5. Standing quad stretch