How to Enter the Stephens County Junior Livestock Show
1. You must be a dues paying FFA member or Stephens County 4-H member.
2. You must attend your species validation and entries to compete in SCJLS.
3. Entry fees are $20/ head or $20/pen of market fryers or chickens and are due at the validation date.
4. Your animal must be present at validation. It is your responsibility to arrange for transportation of your animal to validation**
5. A parent or guardian will need to be present to sign entry forms and ethics policy.
6. The SCJLS rule book is available on the BHS FFA's livestock showing page and will be handed out at validation. You are responsible for being familiar with SCJLS rules!
***An animal that has been state validated prior to county validation need not be present at county validation. Entries for the SCJLS must be completed and paid for at the time of that species county validation even if it has already been state validated.
How to Enter Major Stock Shows
1. All Major Stock Show Entries must be completed at Stock Show Entry night NOVEMBER 7th 4pm-6pm.
2. Your child must have completed Quality Counts prior to stock show entry night.
3. Entry fees are due at the time of entry. A $5 processing fee will be charged per child.
4. Your animal must be state validated. State tags/UIN numbers are ordered through the County Extension office for Sheep/Goats/Cattle and through FFA for Pigs.
5. If you are doing "Ghost" entries for FWSS you are responsible for providing exhibitor names and Quality Counts numbers.
6. All rule/premium books are posted on the major stock shows websites. Please review these PRIOR to entering the show.
Every exhibitor showing at a major stock show must complete the NEW quality counts program BEFORE major entry night on November 7th.
COPY AND PASTE THE LINK INTO YOUR SEARCH BAR FOR INSTRUCTIONS
At the SCJLS you have the option to family validate your animal. This means that you can enter an animal or pen of animals under more that one exhibitor from the same family. This is recommended by BHS FFA. Family entering must be done at the time of validation. Each exhibitor must be a member of BHS FFA or Stephens County 4-H.
Herdsmen applications/instructions will be available at each species validation.
Herdsmen applicants will submit an essay to the 4-H extension office no later than 1 week following their species validation dates
Herdsmen applicants will be interviewed by the stock show board following the 2019 SCJLS
County Born & Bred
Special classes will be held for animals bred and born in Stephens county for the following divisions: