Technical Orientation for Students
IT Services: Hobart & William Smith Colleges
1. Keep reading for best practices to help you successfully participate in class
2. Meet with your Digital Learning Team consultant who will help you to learn:
IT Services Helpdesk
Digital Learning Team
THERE IS A SLIGHT AUDIO DELAY
Wave your hand
Your Professor can still see & hear you!
ENGAGE WITH YOUR PROFESSOR
Inside & Outside of Class
You (or Your Classroom)
SETTLE EARLY & CONNECT QUICKLY
SPEAK UP & ARTICULATE
NY6 Language Learning Collaborations
THE BEST CHOICES
- which web-conferencing tool your professor has chosen
- where you will be participating for your class sessions
- what equipment is needed (if any)
- how to join your class sessions
3. EMAIL YOUR PROFESSOR
4. MEET IN A DIFFERENT TOOL -->
SHARE "NAMES" AHEAD OF TIME
1. TRY TO RE-JOIN THE SESSION
2. PHONE # -->
CALL OR TXT YOUR PROFESSOR
NOTE: Class will still go on!
we'll set you up and stay!
we'll help in the background!
we're just a call away!
Initiate Plan B