Nationalism and Revolution Around the World.
Overview of the British Empire
- wordly known country
- made of colonies and territories
- the empire led to common wealth
- to this day the british empire has influenced the present
- Britain promised india freedo after WW1
- this was only to quite the nationalist they had no intention of actually giving up power
- Ghandi started peacful protests against the British
- with these protests britain gave a little power.
- WW2 delayed India's freedom
- but eventualy in 1947 the were free
India Seeks Self Rule
- Britain gained control in 1763
- France had territory there too.
- 1875 Britain had control over the Suez Canal
- Suez Canal connects the Indian ocean and Medditeranian
- British have been present since 1600's
- India gave tea and spices to britain for trade
- queen victoria would call it the british "crowned jewel"
In conclusion most of the territories were freed from Britain but India was the last to be freed. They slowly gained freedom but WW1 and WW2 gave the british empire a chance to slow down. And delay Indias freedom.