Hallie Wacaser and Addison Lawrence
Function of the Bee
Bees have many functions and help the world in so many unbelievable ways including being the world's top pollinator.
- There has been a steady decline since around the 1940's
- Honey bee hives are now declining 25% a year
- Colony Collapse Disorder has killed about 10 million bees in the last 6 years
Top 3 killers of the Honeybees
Harms the Bee's Immune System
Forget How to Navigate
Come Home to their Colony
Bees Come In Contact
With the Toxin
- Adult mites suck the bodily fluids out of bees.
- Mites get into the honeycomb.
- Mites also transmit diseases
Our cell phone signals confuse bees and can lead to their death. When cell phones ring, bees sense the signals transmitted and began making a loud buzzing sound.
Decline in Bee Hives per Year
Number of Bees it Takes to Pollinate One Crop of Almonds
Number of Crops that Neonicotinoid was used on.
What to Do?
What Scientists are Doing
What WE Can Do
- Genetically modifying ants
- The Obama administration is setting aside 7 million acres of land all for the bees.
- Scientists are running new organizations to help with further bee research
- Keeping our own hive
- Join different programs to help with further research
- Buy local raw honey
- Go pesticide free
- Plant a pollinator garden
The Time is Ticking So Help Save the Bees!
Help the bees before they become extinct!
When the bees go, we go!