China has been the world´s most populated country for over hundreds of years. In the 1980s, it became the first country to reach 1 billion people. More recently, they have just fallen short of Zero Population Growth.
- Rate of Natural Increase
- Death Rate
- Birth Rate
- Three Gorges Dam
- Zero Population Growth
- Renewable Energy
Provide more clean energy
Provide More Clean Energy
Since China has a huge population, they need huge amounts of energy.
China has the second largest consumption of energy in the world.
Hydroelectric Power: One of the cleanest sources of energy and is generated by water flowing through a dam.
China uses to coal to meet 65% of its energy needs. Therefore, it burns more coal than any other country.
- Clean renewable energy from a resource
- Flood Control
- Help control river Shipping
- Cover up part of China - will drown 13 cities, 140 towns, hundreds of villages, acres of farmlands.
- Change the Yangtze River ecosystem
- Three Gorges Dam sits on an earthquake fault.
The Three Gorges Dam puts out about 9,083 MW of power every year on average.