I want to go to Portugal because, Funchal is a really beautiful place that is Eco friendly. The environment is very nice and it looks calm and peaceful. The crime rate is also very low.
Location Of Country
My city is located in Portugal on an Island named Madeira. Its located south east of the island.
Population and Settlement Trends
Funchal is a clustered city because of all the buildings closing up the space in between them. In the background and the image (bottom right) it shows Funchal from the top, it looks clustered and scattered from the mountain tops. Its popualtion consists of 111,892 people.
Funchal is located in a cove like city. Its geographic features include mountains, a sea shore and lots of wildlife along with lots of greenery. The slopes all meet up at one point that makes the city of Funchal look like a Colosseum.
Weather and Natural Climate
Funchal's weather is usually in the plus all year long. In January, the temperature can go up to 18 degrees Celsius and as low as 12 degrees Celsius. In August it can go as high as 25 degrees Celsius and as low as 19 degrees Celsius. In the whole year the lowest it can go is 12 degrees Celsius and the highest would be 25 degrees Celsius.
- The only natural disaster Funchal suffered form was a flash flood of mud.
42 people were reported dead, 100 people had been injured and 8 people went missing.
The unemployment rate used to be 8% but now it went down to 2%. So if you wanted to go get a job, there's a high chance that you will get that job. In the medical department you can get a job as a nurse, securtiy staff and doctors.
Schools in Funchal start in late September while our school starts in early September. They have a 3 month long holiday period. Schools are funded by the government but the clothes, equipment and meals aren't funded, which makes them expensive.
- The island of Madeira is an exotic island, which means it contains exotic fruits.
- The street food in Madeira has a lot of variety. The best foods their are there local garlic food, Bolo do Caco, Bolo do Caco is a circular bread usually served with garlic butter and octopus.
Bolo do Caco
Housing Costs/ Costs of Living
- The rent for living in a furnished apartment in an expensive area is €741 (900 Sqft)
- In a furnished apartment in a normal area is €601 (900 Sqft)
- Monthly price for utilities (Heating, Gas, Water and Electricity) is €68
- Hourly cleaning service is €5.22
- A 40 inch flat screen t.v. per month can cost you around, €713
Crime in Funchal
Crime Increase In The Past 3 Years
Worries About Being Robbed
Corruption or Bribery
Equipment for Modern Diagnosis
Competency of Medical Staff
Satisfaction for Price of Medical Treatment
(The Higher The Better)
Accuracy in Completing and Filling Out Forms
Garbage Disposal Satisfaction
Noise and Light Pollution
Dirty and Untidy
The city of Funchal uses the bus as its main mode of transportation
They also use cable cars to move around the city
Not a lot of people use cars in Funchal, which makes it Eco friendly
Funchal isn't as evolved in technology as other developed countries such as Canada. It doesn't have a subway system like other countries. Madeira Institute of Technology works on profitable and non profitable projects to improve the economy of Madeira Island.