Question 4. What have you learnt from your audience feedback?
When we showed our rough cut to our teacher the feedback that we got was that some of the footage used needed to be brightened as it looked very dull and the colours lacked in richness. Also, the the footage that we used at the start of the scenery was a bit too shaky and didn't fit in. However, some positive feedback that we received was that the part with both Jessica and Tia fitted in well, showing their friendship.
Rough Cut Feedback
After getting feedback from our first feedback we made some adjustments and showed it to our second teacher. Some changed that we made were that we changed the beginning of the music video to a time-lapse of the setting. Some of the feedback that we recieved from the teacher was that the time lapse that we started off with didn't make sense and seemed to be out of place. Also, he felt that we needed to start with a different clip when the singing started, as the movement of the camera in the clip didn't match up to the beat of the song.
Rough Cut Feedback 2
Also during filming we had used two different camera's and it was obvious, therefore he suggested that we put a filter over all the footage so you can't tell the difference. The framing per second on the footage from the different cameras weren't the same. Therefore we had to slow both of them down to 23.5 frames per second.
Rough Cut Feedback 2
Improvements made from feedback
This was my original idea for my digipak and here are some of the feedback
The background looks dull and can use a bit of colour
The record label logo needs to be on the spine
The picture of the artist is good and looks quite effective as she's not looking into the camera.
The name should have a unique touch to it. At the moment there's nothing interesting about it
Digipak : Improvements
For the background I had used Photoshop to create a colourful smoke effect to add more colour and life to the digipak. Also the use of the colour and smoke was a useful synergy link between my ancillary text and the music video.
I had added the record label logo on the spine followed by a code that is found on majority of digipaks that I had analysed
In order to make the name stand out a bit more I had made the letter 'n' size bigger than the rest of the letters. I had also used this as a synergy link between both my ancillary texts
Digipak Inside Panels Feedbak
The graphic design and the colours look interesting
This panel looks empty, something should be added here.
The colour of the CD looks quite harsh and the inside circle is hardly visible
There should be some sort of production information on the CD
Digipak Inside Panels Improvements
I added a picture of the artist here to make this panel look less empty
I had decresed the opacity of the disc colour so that it doesn't look so harsh and so that some of the graphic design in the background shows through
Also I added the production information as the disc's normally contain them
Website Feedback and Improvements
The main image used lacks colour and makes the whole page look dull.
Therefore, i had used a picture that didn't have a filter over it.
The title looked quite simplistic, So i had changed it to the style i had used on the digipack. also this was a synergy link between both the ancillary texts.
Quite a few people liked the background as it linked to the music video. However, i changed it to a similar graphic design found on the digipak and to match the smoke room footage found in the music video, this was one of my synergy links.