Note: For reference to the deployment ID please visit page 3
What functionalities are already built in to the CLI Tool?
In the following few slides we are going to walk through all the functionalities that are already built-in to the CLI tool.
NOTE: The CLI Tool is entirely experimental and each one of these functions need a deep overview.
Using this function you can install a chaincode from a specified directory on a specified organisation. While I was writing this manual I've noticed that we are deploying chaincode on every node and we do not have to have it like that.
Right now we are stuck when we are trying to add a new organisation to the existing cluster.
You can reproduce the following issue by creating a deployment with "yarn cli deploy"
Then adding a new organisation by typing: "yarn cli cluster:addOrg ncnmx2 neworgname node0 orderer0" (You need to replace the deployment ID)
In my belief the problem is that the channel does not exist anymore as soon as we add the new organisation's peers. Earlier we first started up the docker containers and then tried adding the organisation to the channel and that has resulted with an error that the channel does not exist anymore. Then I have moved things up a submitted a channel change before we started up the docker containers hoping that will solve the issue.
You can see the full log output in the following link: https://codeshare.io/alJ868 or http://snippi.com/s/10vbyub
Unfortunately I could not effectively copy paste it, so please follow the link and check it.
As you can see from output listed above the docker containers are running and it seems like there is a communication error between the containers. Today I have realised that we may have an issue with installChaincode function as well, also maybe the docker containers cannot communicate to each other after reboot. I need to dive a bit back into it, I just wanted to pass on all my findings about the application first.
I have currently removed some parts of the addPeer functionality because till addOrg does not work I did not wanted to work on addPeer.
Here is something interesting on the screenshot below - I'm unsure if we can even add a new org that was not there at creation. :/
2019-03-13 19:37:21.499 UTC [gossip.service] updateAnchors -> ERRO 02f Tried joining channel common but our org( neworg ), isn't among the orgs of the channel: [org1 org2 org3 org4 org5] , aborting.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via Discord or Skype (ID: sysopsnet) or by email: [email protected] (I read Skype & Discord more often then emails)
What we should work on next:
- Testing all functionalities with 1.4 (Today I've tested the backup function and it was not working anymore)
- Checking Hyperledger Policies
- Validation on entries to the CLI
- RethinkDB Integration more closely
- Creating cron to check increaseRootVolume status
- Adding a new consortium (If it is even possible)
- Deleting or disabling organisation (If it is even possible)
- Deleting or disabling channel (If it is even Possible)
- Kafka integration
- The upgrade to 1.4 is not fully done as of now, configtx.yaml has to be upgraded as well as the compose config files has to be changed because there is a logging error
- Adding load balanced API containers to the infrastructure once Paulo is ready with the code