- January 12th (Saturday) and 13th (Sunday) Shutdown
WHAT DOES THE IT SHUTDOWN ENTAIL?
- IT will commence maintenance in the early morning hours of 1/12. Details involve upgrades to Exchange Email Server environment to support new security features and support. Major maintenance, if not performed performed, may place us at risk for unplanned/uncontrolled downtime.
- Drive migration of S: Drive off of the Hitachi Storage to the Isilon.
- No computer/phone/hand scanner usage at 7 Argonaut: Timekeeping will be be manual logged and e-mailed.
- Bioinformatics pipeline, and Automation (S drive inaccessible) will be unavailable during this time.
HOW WILL WE COME BACK ONLINE TO RESTART OPERATIONS?
- IT & Automation Team will be testing the system/instruments and will provide the green light when the systems have passed testing.
HOW WILL WE PREPARE FOR THE SHUTDOWN?
- Attempt for a major sample volume push leading up to the shutdown.
- Navigate/operate blindly as best we can until systems are operational.
Batch and submit plates in the morning. E&D will attempt to pull plates prior to shutdown.
Lorena C. (Off)
Maria C. (Off)
Magic Mike (?)
Process plates that were submitted Jan. 11th (if completed). Print hard copies of plate maps/tracking sheets.
Batch all pending items and submit to E&D before EOD
11/26-12/02 - Total: 1,357 samples (23.88% fail)
12/03-12/09 - Total: 3,218 samples (16.44% fail)
12/10-12/16 - Total: 3,531 samples (21.01% fail)
12/17-12/23 - Total: 2,793 samples (18.73% fail)
12/24-13/30 - Total: 1,723 samples (13.99% fail)
MLPA Pass/Fail Metrics - Tableau
MLPA| MONTHLY COST
MLPA|AUTOMATED EXCESS COST
MLPA| SAMPLE VOLUME
Hi Richard, Thank you for this outstanding tracking of costs with the implementation of automation. This is my email blessing to take a pause on the piece of automation that is contributing to the issue. We will readdress with R&D. Thanks, Sharon
MLPA | CALCULATION ADJUSTMENT
Tracking Sheet Calculation
Adjust the master Tracking Sheet formula to encompass the approved changes. Remove 1.1/1.2 excess multiplier.
Be extra diligent/frugal with our reagents. Our plan is to track the month of January to compare against Nov & Dec.
- Any NGS del/dup follow-ups that fail MLPA x1 immediately push to the Array
- Please adhere to the manufacturers expiration date marked on the probe mixes.
- Check your pay-stubs to make sure your contributions to 401k, insurance, etc are all in line.
- We no longer report PMS2CL calls, all assigned deletions on the pseudogene will no longer be deposited/reported. Only calls on PMS2.
- Newly formulated SALSA buffer (incorporating stabilizer) expected to launch March 1st, 2019