Surgical Services Material Analyst
A Little About the Opportunity:
Reports to Surgical Services Business Manager. Performs replenishment activities for Main OR C enter C ore by creating reports based on used items and monitors for out dates on Main OR C enter C ore supplies. Routinely works with vendors, Materials Management, Sterile Processing,Specialty Team Leads, department staff and Surgical Services Management to promote cost effective and efficient supply replenishment.Performs integrity checks on Surgical Services procedural case charges and makes appropriate corrections to reflect supply and resources used.
- To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community's provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
- Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value.
- Easy access and convenience.
- Outstanding patient experiences
- Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community.
MORE ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Runs charge files out of MS Access saving in MS Excel for charge integrity audits.
- Performs timely charge audits to insure the integrity of Surgical Services patients. Procedural areas include: Main OR, CVOR, Cath Lab and Endoscopy. Other areas include: PAC U, OPS-Pre/Post, CVR and any other area(s) added within Surgical Services.
- Maintain high level of working knowledge of required elements in the Cerner, Surginet and People Soft systems to accurately reflect the usage of supplies and services, the charging of supplies and services to patients and the processing of Bill Only PO’s to vendors.
- Identify discrepancies and recommend necessary corrective action to clinical staff, vendor or other staff supporting the surgical services procedural areas and related systems.
Associates Degree with Professional Training
Minimum 2 Years experience in Healthcare
Materials Management experience preferred
- Maintains high level of working knowledge of the required supplies in Center Core, Anesthesia storage room, and other Surgical Services departments.
- Works and communicates with other Materials and support staff to perform routine and timely maintenance to insure PeopleSoft system accurately reflects the physical layout of Center Core.
- Effectively understands the different business unit set ups in the Material Management System as it relates to replenishment of supplies direct from vendor to Center Core on Surgery only items and direct from EGH materials departments.
- Maintains ownership, coordinates with, and/or suggests improvements to support more efficient placement of supplies and replenishment for clinical staff and process workflow.