Rebecca Oberschmidt, Shalini Sundar, Mariam Gbadamosi, Shamael Khan
Percentage of 2013 U.S. high school students who are ready for college-level science.
We provide students with IPad and laptop resources during the school day and encourage students to use these materials at home too to decrease the use of paper.
Tests and quizzes are online, except for standardized tests.
Written homework should be completed on recycled paper or on IPads.
Recycled paper is the only paper we use!
There will be bicycle racks on campus and students will be encouraged to ride them to school.
There will be charging stations for hybrid and electric vehicles
Bus transportation to school will be hybrid or electric buses. Students will be encouraged to ride them to save energy.
- Solar Panels for electricity
- Efficient Backup Generator
- Insulated windows to prevent wasted heat/AC
- Green roof to control heat loss and contributes to insulation
- Motion Sensor Lights
- Efficient AC and heat
- Motion Sensor heat and AC
- Water saving toilets
- Sinks and soap with motion sensor technology
- Water saving showers
- No paper towels, only dryers in bathrooms
- Intensive Recycling program
- Composting Program
- Vegetable Garden in Courtyard for school lunch, surplus available for students to take home
- Water recycling technology
- Water Bottle refill station
- Reusable water bottle provided and encouraged to use
Preservation of animals and their habitats is very important to us, so we provide a home for many species. We also encourage students to visit them periodically for stress relief and just for fun!