Six minutes test
In this research, based on the test of walk of 6 minutes, we wanted to find the relation between the bone structure mesocephalic and braqueocefalicos on the dogs having in count the variability on the heart frequencies and respiratory of the animals, the data obtained for the research were found on adult dogs within one to six years old, for the discussion of the results were made a variability of tables where we can see the heart and respiratory frequencies before and after of the test made having in count the ages of the dogs and in this way find out which one is on a better physical condition.
2016 - 1
Karol Dayana Rincon Lopez
Alejandra Jimenez León
Luisa Pinto Felipe
Johan Sebastian Moreno Carvajal
Compare some types of skulls (Mesaticephalic and brachycephalic) on adult dogs by testing the march of six minutes, and in this way identify the differences of which one has better conditions on their heart-respiratory systems.
● Know and identify the differences what types of dogs have a better physical performance through the test March of six minutes.
● Observe if the age of the dogs influence on the physical performance through the test of the march.
- 10 Dogs Mesaticephalic
- 10 Dogs Brachycephalic
- Grass track
We took 2 groups of dogs 10 Mesaticephalic and 10 Brachycephalic where were paired in couples of each group (2 dogs of 5 years, 2 dogs of 4 years, 2 dogs of 3 years, 2 dogs of 2 and a half year, 2 dogs of 2 years) After, it was measured the FC and the FR of the minutes (as the walk of the animal) and the last was take FC and FR from the animals when they were tired.
According to the tables, the information on Mesaticephalicare on the same conditions in relationship with the Brachycephalic because in this two the information differs statistically. So, this let us know that the Brachycephalic presents more problems with respect with their heart-respiratory sizes according to the particular formation of their skull. On the research its shown that there’s no variability respecting to both was of skulls, even though its known that the dog Brachycephalic its going to present more difficulties because they have their nose so oblate and the bones of the nose too short, so it obligates the resto of the body to adapt to the reductive space.
- Thanks to the information obtained we noticed that the Brachycephalic dogs have a non-high disadvantage with the other type of dogs putted on the test.
- At the time of comparing the Mesaticephalic deogs and the Brachycephalic we noticed that there’s a difference according to the heart-respiratory system, that can be done whether the environment or the physical conditions of the animal.
- The Mesaticephalic qualify more for the test of the six minutes because according to the statics they tell that in comparation with the Brachycephalic they are in better physical conditions.
• Fisiología veterinaria / Cuarta edición / James G. Cunningham Bradley G. Klein
• Anatomia de los animales domesticos / Tomo 2 / Konig – Liebich
• Tratado de fisiología médica / Arthur C. Guyton, John E. Hall