Add a title
- the information in the clause is obligatory
- The relative "that" can be used.
- The relative can be ommitted when it is not the subject of the clause.
- The information in the clause is extra/ optional.
- The relative "that" cannot be used.
-The relative cannot be ommitted.
DEFINING and NON-DEFINING
Formal and informal structures
The preposition is placed before the relative.
The meeting room, in which the conference was held, was not really big.
Mr and Mrs Brown, who we went with on holiday, live in London
Mr and Mrs Brown, with whom we went on holiday, live in London
With the relative" who" with the formal structure. Use of WHOM
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?