I will be kind to myself, others, and my device online and in present.
I will use technology as a tool for learning and for making the world a better place.
I will be a responsible technology user.
I will be honest about the work I contribute to and from online resources and search for honesty from the online resources I use.
I will only engage in appropriate school content online and only at the appropriate time.
At the beginning of the year, you (as students), me (as your teacher), and your parents signed a partner contract agreeing to our overarching classroom tech expectations. Our commitment to technology as a tool to better the world is now a partnership we have agreed to collective. To keep your parents involved within this partnership, in our classroom weekly update email, I will let them know how we are using internet platforms in the classroom and suggested sites for you to use at home. Violation of this contract leads to automatic parental email home and further consequences.
1. Use my phone or laptop at inappropriate times.
2. Negatively talk to or engage in negative behaviors towards others online. (Isolated incidients)
3. Targeting a specific person continually.
1. Asked to put phone away.
2. Spend time after class volunteering to help around the school cleaning gum off bleachers. As well as apologizing to the other students.
3. Automatic office referral, possible expulsion, and mark-up in personal student file.