Somali Tea; Shaah Recipe
Tea is ready to serve!
- Transport the tea to a thermos or directly to individual cups
- Pour the tea in using a sifter (to remove the spices and tea leaves)
CREATED BYNafisa Abdi/ Company Name
- Let the tea simmer for up to 5 minutes
- Place the ginger in, let sit for 2 minutes
- Shut the fire off
- Mix Ingredients
- Add milk and water together in a pot.
- Place pot on fire, and bring to boil
- Add in all the ingredient with the exception of ginger
- Stir and set fire to low
- 1. 1 cup of water
- 2. 1 cup of milk
- 3. 4 table spoons of Sugar
- 4. Handful of Magani (Tea Leaves)
- 5. 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 6. 1/2 teaspoon of Crushed Ginger
- 7. Cardamon pods
- 8. Crushed cloves
The following recipe will lead you through the steps of making two cups of traditional somali tea.