IN BEAUTY SERVICES
BASIC POLISH SERVICE
Service Description: The addition of artificial products to the nails of the hands or feet to enhance the appearance of the natural or artificial nail.
17. Apply nail dehydrator to remove oil and surface moisture (if the polish is desired)
18. Polish (if desired)
19. Discuss maintenance and aftercare
20. Discard any porous (single-use) items used during the service
21. Clean and disinfect all non-porous tools, implements, and items or set aside tools, implements, and items in a disinfectant container to be cleaned and disinfected later
22. Store clean and disinfected tools, implements, and items in a clean closed storage container
23. Clean and disinfect workstation and service area with EPA disinfectant
1. Ensure workstation and service area is clean and disinfected with an EPA disinfectant
2. Ensure all porous (single-use) items are new and unused
3. Ensure all non-porous tools, implements, and items are clean and disinfected
Risks are highlighted in red font.
Nevada Risk Document
SERVICE STEPS & SUB-STEPS
Steps that present a risk are in red font and the icons represent the risk type.
9. Complete/review consultation
10. Determine the client's needs and preferences
11. Assess the client's hands and/or feet
12. Recommend treatment/service options
Client Consultation Procedure
4. Wet hands with water
5. Apply liquid soap to hands
6. Lather soap in hands for 20 seconds
7. Rinse hands thoroughly with water
8. Dry hands with a towel
Hand Cleaning Procedure (Before/After Service)
*An equally effective hand sanitizer may be used.
Product Reaction Risk
Risk Type Indicators
13. Client washes hands
14. Saturate a cotton ball with polish remover
15. Remove existing polish
Polish Removal Procedure
16. Evaluate nail health after polish is removed from the natural nail
About the project:
40+ contributors, 500+ years of licensed experience in 16 state jurisdictions and counting...