& Tech Against Trafficking Alliance
We envision a world where there is no human trafficking. Our goal is to foster collaboration with members of our community, businesses and organizations on this complex issue to put people before profit. We are a nonprofit organization committed to raising awareness, developing projects and programs to help facilitate technological, creative, economic, legislative and social advancement.
"Life Not Profit"
Build alliances, help facilitate or develop projects and programs that effectively reach communities, organize resources, as well as raise funding for initiatives.
Collaborate with stakeholders (leaders, organizations, legislators, businesses, communities, individuals, law enforcement) to help children, women and men who have been or are being trafficked.
Utilize innovation, technology, media, and creativity to develop tools that increase effectiveness, awareness and execution of projects and programs.
Co-create economic and personal empowerment, serve as incubators, develop technical and social enterprises that support ways that people who have been trafficked can be reintegrated into society.
FREEDOM Ambassador Certification:
- Talk about the subject matter to your network of friends and community
- Inspire support and action amongst friends, colleagues and leaders in the community
- Raise awareness through dissemination of information, research, etc.
- Formal training, workshops, etc.
Collaboration & Economic Initiatives:
- Develop a network of individuals and professionals who work with us to develop projects and programs that offer assistance to those who work(ed) in the trafficking industry.
- Develop network of nonprofits, businesses and government entities who want to collaborate on creative and technical projects and programs:
- Brands, Industries
- Law Enforcement, Legislators
- Nonprofits with common interests, goals
- Schools & Universities
It's estimated that between 21 million and 30 million men, women and children are enslaved today. That means there are more slaves now than during all the years of the entire transatlantic slave trade combined.
Population Equivalent to Countries like:
- Canada ~35MM
- Morocco ~32MM
- Afghanistan ~32MM
- Peru ~30MM
due to the underground, illicit nature of the trafficking
industry. Our estimates come from various sources.
Many people think that all human trafficking is happening in "third world" countries. Statistics shows 73 percent of Americans do not believe or want to believe that slavery exists today.
In 2014, the International Labor Organization estimated that forced labor generates $150 billion in profits a year worldwide.
Of the estimated 27 million that are being trafficked around the world, an estimated 13 million are children.
■ Lack of education and health care
■ Lack of respect for persons
■ Undocumented status of immigrants
■ A lack of anti-trafficking legislation
■ A lack of effective enforcement, if such legislation exists
■ Profit by those in control or with power
19% involves labor exploitation.
U.S. Department of Justice, 2011
California’s government is actively working to combat human trafficking in the state. Between 2010 and 2012, California’s task forces initiated 2,552 investigations into human trafficking, identified 1,277 victims, and arrested 1,798 individuals.
■ Images of human trafficking statistics
We are an emerging grassroots organization, driven by our communities.
Here are key steps forward:
What's Next? "The Awareness Initiative"
- Awareness, Public Engagement
Our Voice is Key
- Branding, Logo
- Website (testing the user experience)
- Social Media (be an Ambassador)
- Community Collaboration based on 7 Pillars
- Reputation & Credibility
- Funding Drives
Foundation 101 - Brand Development:
What's Next? "The Awareness Initiative"
- Google Plus
- Join Our Meetup
- @LifeNotProfit (Twitter)
- Like our Facebook page
- No Human Trafficking & Tech Against Trafficking Alliance (website coming soon)
Creatively brainstorm potential Awareness initiatives.
Creative Brainstorming - ATTAINABLE Results
- Crowd funding
- Collaborate with local artists, musicians, etc.
- Design for gear and wearables
- Technology: Apps, ebooks, gaming
- High School and College student initiatives
- Press worthy initiatives & events
ATTAINABLE goals within 2-3 (max 4) months of effort, from start to completion.
If it falls outside this criteria by the teams then PARK the topic/idea for exploration to the mid to long field initiatives 5-6 months (9 months max).
CONTACT INFO: Provide email, best contact number.
Closing, Next Steps
- Help raise awareness or help with funding drives.
- Creative artists, performers, designers, etc.
- Tech people: Data, spreadsheets, UI/UX, social media, etc.
- Professionals, business owners, volunteers, etc.
- Work with students, high school, college groups.
- Other ideas, We Thank You!
STAY CONNECTED: We'll update Meetup, Facebook (social media outlets). Some statuses and meetings will be online.
HOW TO HELP: Consider using your skill set or lending your talent. Become a FREEDOM Ambassador, Volunteer, Project Organizer, or part of the Leadership Team.