who was Doris Humphrey and how did she become famous
- talented contemporary dancer
- leading soloist at denishawn dance school and company
- Doris was the first American modern dance performer without music
- contemporary dance pioneer
Doris Humphrey passed away on the 29th of December in 1958 in New York
when and where was Doris Born?
When and where did Dorris pass away?
Doris humphrey was born on October 17th in oak park Illinois US
- Doris bought dance in cicargo for four years
- she wanted to create dances that reflected her individuality
- she had arthritis which forced her to stop dancing
- four books have been made about her
- she was the artistic director of Jose Limon.
what is Doris Humphreys contemporary dance style? and did she create a particular dance technique ?
Doris Humphrey started dancing modern/contemporary. later in her dance career she found that she strongly believed in the transfer of weight after movements to stabilise the body, this was a key focus for her technique. she also believed that all movement fell between motionless balance and falling imbalance incapable of recovery.
Doris had many theories of the laws of movement and dance
theory of dance movement
An innovator in choreography.
Dors was an innovator in technique
why is Doris Humphrey considered a contemporary dance pioneer?
Humphrey-weidman school and company
The Dancer believes that his art has something to say which cannot be expressed in words or in any other way than by dancing.