- Designing IT driven solutions to enhance both patient and clinician experience.
- Developing mHealth touch points to increase the efficiency of healthcare resource utilisation.
- Implementing data analytics and visualisation techniques to support clinical decision making (evidence-based decision making).
- Carving out a route to market for the commercialisation of new healthcare products and services.
The HISRC's directors and multi-disciplinary team of researchers possess a wide range of expertise in areas such as:
The HISRC's mission is to accelerate the development of patient centric care in local, national and global communities through cutting edge research, design and implementation of next generation healthcare solutions.
- We are a group of dedicated Health IS researchers with a common interest to maximise the benefit of adopting Information Systems (IS) within community and hospital healthcare.
- We build on and apply lessons learnt in the business, financial, government and public sectors to identify and implement Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) that reduce costs and improve patients outcomes.
- We are actively researching in the eHealth and mHealth areas.
- Ireland's only dedicated Health Information Systems research centre focusing on People, Process and Technology.
- Successfully attracted project funding from Wellcome Trust, Enterprise Ireland, Science Foundation Ireland, EU FP7, H2020, Irish Research Council & Health Research Board.
Who are we?
Health Information Systems Research Centre
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Ciara Fitzgerald
Dr. Ciara Heavin
O' Rahilly Building,
Cork University Business School,
University College Cork,
Dr. Simon Woodworth