1. Create Your YouTube Video
When you are starting with a video, make YouTube your first platform because of the SEO, Search and Organic Traffic benefits.
2. Upload Your Video To Facebook
Upload the video to Facebook. Repeat this step for any other long-form video platform you use (e.g. Vimeo)
3. Edit the Automatically Generated Captions On YouTube
YouTube has the best free automated caption generator. Use these as the basis for creating accurate captions.
Repurpose Your YouTube Content
SlideShare, & Instagram
4. Download the Captions from YouTube and upload to your Facebook Video
Download the edited captions as an `.srt` file and upload to Facebook and other platforms you released the long-form video.
5. Convert the Captions into a Transcript
Using a tool like Subtitle Edit, export the captions to a text file and format into a transcript.
6. Create a Blog Post Using the Transcript
Use the transcript as a basis for a blog post to create owned content. Embed the YouTube video into your blog post, and add a link to your blog post in the YouTube video.
7. Create a SlideDeck Using the Transcript
Convert the Transcript into a SlideDeck that you can upload to Slideshare. Embed the YouTube video into the Slideshare.
8. Convert SlideDeck into an Instagram video
Using ffmpeg, convert the SlideDeck into a short form video. You can upload this to Instagram or other short form platforms like Twitter.
Repromote video on Twitter because it is now accessible to more people.
Repromote on Facebook as being accessible to more people.
Promote the Blog post, and schedule 'Did you see...' tweets for the next 6 - 12 months
Promote release of the Slideshare on social channels
Promote video on Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
Use the transcript for ebooks and other lead magnets.
No need to repromote as these are direct channel upload..
No need to repromote because this is direct channel upload.
Don't STOP There
- Use Quotes from the Transcript as Instagram Posts
- Create an Infographic
- Every transformation might justify re-promotion
Many More Tactics at Talotics.com