- In DACA working with others helps improve your communication,leadership and compromising skills which will be helpful in your future career.It also helps you problem solve and know that things don't always go as planed. Deca shows you how to resolve differences and conflicts in views or approaches and come to an agreement,it helps you develop skills needed to work with others from different background skills ,departments and other companies.
DECA has many competitive events such as marketing, business management and administration, finance, and hospitality and tourism.DECA's competitive events directly contribute to every student being college and career ready when they graduate from high school.It is a intregal part of the classroom curriculum.In marketing the business will use language assosiated with marketing communiactions, management, research,merchindising and proffestional selling.Finance will use language associated with careers in accounting, banking ,insurance and securities,and investments.Hospitality and tourism will use language associated with careers in hotels, restaurants, tourism and travel.
The Community Service Project is a chapter project that provides chapter members with an opportunity to develop a better understanding of society in role civic activities, to make a contribution to a community service or charity, and to learn the principles of marketing and project management skills. Everyone is encouraged to participate in this project.It helps chapter members demonstrate their understanding of community service, have an opportunity to evaluate the effectiveness of the projects goal,and it also helps them develop a written report and presentation on the procedures.Chapter representatives will develop many knowledge and skills such as:
• Communication andCollaboration
• Creativity and Innovation
• Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
• Flexibility and Adaptability
• Information Literacy
• Initiative and Self-direction
• Leadership and Responsibility
• Productivity and Accountability
• Social and Cross-cultural
Individuals or students with career interests in marketing, entrepreneurship, finance, hospitality and management in grades nine through twelve can apply for deca. DECA membership is also available to DECA advisers and professional members. Also if you are in college you may join Collegiate deca. Collegiate deca has over 15,000 members in 275 colleges and universities. DECA has more than 215,000 members in all 50 United States. DECA's programs are authorized by the United States Department of Education and United states Congress.