indirect flourescent antibody (IFA) test positive reaction shows up as an apple green color
1. fixation of clinical materials
2. application of the primary stain
3. application of mordant
4. decolorization step
5. application of counter stain
used to differentiate between gram positive and gram negative organisms
1. articles used in an operation have been sterilized properly
2. persons who bare sterile touch only sterile articles
3. sterile persons avoid leaning over an unsterile area, if in doubt consider the area notsterile.
used to transfer cultures, isolate pure cultures and perform microbiology tests.