Top 10 Recruiting Sites
Main method(s) and best practices used to recruit patients:
- The personal contact with every patient and the built rapport between the doctors and patients are essential for the compliance with the protocol and also to get consent.
- Checking all hospitalized patients and explaining the study.
- Keeping inclusion/exclusion criterion in mind all the time and checking patients with screening purpose.
- Daily (or regular) referral meeting at own department.
- Close monitoring of patient at the hospital. The site staff determine whether patient will be eligible or not, during the patient's treatment
- SC following subject during hospitalization.
- Involving family and primary care physician.
- Include the potential subject’s family in the discussions to ensure they thoroughly understand the reasons for the study and what is involved, to gain trust and commitment.
- Experienced and highly qualified specialists with regular co-operative patients.
- Close cooperation with general practitioners as well as the existing network for outpatient care.
- 7 out of 10 sites recruit patients from their own department but collaboration with other departments is also a success factor and increases recruitment potential.
- Hard work in relation with the building of trust between a patient and a physician is key to the success of any site.