Indian Education System
Lack of endowment culture
Top Indian institutions are young
Focus on professional education
Poor school education
Poor payment to faculty
- The Gurukul system of education in which students were taught orally.
- Nalanda , Takshashila University , Ujjain , & Vikramshila Universities.
- Art, Architecture, Painting, Logic, mathematics, Grammar, Philosophy, Astronomy, Literature, Buddhism , Hinduism , Arthashastra (Economics & Politics), Law, and Medicine were among the subjects taught
- The British established many colleges like St. Xavier's College, Sydenham College, Wilson College and Elphinstone College in India
- The 86th Amendment of the Indian constitution makes education a fundamental right for all children aged 6-14 years.