FCCLA/LifeSmarts Knowledge Bowl is a three-level, team competition that challenges students' knowledge in the six content areas:
1. Personal FinanceConsumer Rights & Responsibilities (to include Family,
Career & Community Studies)
2. Technology (to include Fashion & Housing Design)
3. Health & Safety (to include Food Sciences & Nutrition and Early Childhood & Human
5. Environment (to include Hospitality, Tourism & Recreation)
6. FCCLA Knowledge
FCCLA COMMUNITY SERVICES
1. STOP THE VIOLENCE: empower youth with attitudes, skills, and resources to recognize, report, and reduce youth violence
I want to participate in this because of my strong belief to reduce previous generations violence actin upon us ( the new generation)
2. Feeding the Hungry in Washington, D.C: FCCLA students participated in Bake for Good, preparing dozens of freshly baked rolls that were delivered to a local food bank
I want to participate in this because I want to help people that do not have food to eat everyday
WBL ( WORK BASED LEARNING ) is a program for students to work with or alongside people of a profession that student are interested in.
To qualify for a WBL placement, a student must be in grades 11 or 12 and at least 16 years old. Students must also have a defined Career Pathway in order to participate in a Work-Based Learning placement.
FCCLA. 2015, fcclainc.org/. Accessed 17 Aug. 2018.
Student Organizations. cms.gavirtualschool.org/Shared/Electives/IntroductiontoDigitalTechnology/FBLALeadershipDevelopment/IntroductiontoDigitalTechnology_FBLALeadershipDevelopment_Shared3.html. Accessed 17 Aug. 2018.
Student Organizations. www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/CTAE/Pages/Student-Organizations.aspx. Accessed 17 Aug. 2018.