-Include your pets in your emergency preparedness plans!
-If you plan to evacuate, take them with you!
Prepare a Disaster Kit for each pet:
- Extra collars, tags, harnesses and leashes for all pets.
- Muzzle for aggressive dogs.
- A supply of stored drinking water and fresh food.
- Be Aware & Prepared: Many shelters do not accept pets.
- Pet comfort items: towels, blankets, toys.
- Paper towels, plastic bags and disinfectant for waste.
- Copies of your pet's medical and vaccination records.
- Current photo of your animal.