At AHA, the world is our oyster and we have a unique opportunity to build a robust and rich resource center that will involve, motivate and inspire employees to achieve our mission.
The Resource Center must be more than an armamentarium of information. The Center will inspire employees to be ambassadors of the AHA and all that the AHA stands for.
1.) Thou must envision, plan and strategize first
2.) Thou must use the right tools - social platform is a MUST!
3.) Thou must be visual when possible
4.) Thou must include metrics where possible
5.) Thou must provide channels for feedback and ideas
6.) Thou must encourage cross-collaboration and communication
7.) Thou must avoid communication overload
8.) Thou must inspire action
9.) Thou must create and deliver content based on need
10.) Thou must not lose sight of the big picture
- Develop a proposal(s) that outlines, structure, goals, metrics, resources, staff and budget needed for resource center. Proposal will also need to identify internal stakeholders and opportunities for cross collaboration.
- Assemble a panel of experts to advise on structure, content and metrics for center - panel may include staff from creative services, communications, HR and legal.
-Identify resource to host resource center
- Select and prioritize first "batch" of content that will be rolled out at launch- resources must be in different formats to truly showcase the breadth of tools.
- Develop launch plan and promotional plan for launch.
- Promote launch (preferable 30 days out)
- Refine and finalize content
SVP, Strategy Integration
Director, Field Resources
- Social content management platform
- Strong content curation capability
- Centralizes content
- Employees can easily read and share content to platforms
- Analytics capabilities
- Cloud-basted intranet software for employee engagement
- Turn-key playform that requires minimal IT resources to maintain
- Built-in mobile app features enables quick access and alerts to information
- Feedback/survey feature
- Easy/seamless content creation tools
- Content curation tool that seamlessly creates presentations, infographics, web content, reports and wireframes
- User-friendly "create-once present anywhere capability" (HTML, PDF, download and present "offline)
- Seamless video and audio integration
- Can be viewed on any device