About the Article
October 28, 2016
Main Points of the Article
- Uber teamed up with Volvo and bought Otto for $300 million
- Successfully delivered a shipment using a self-driving car
- Military Use
Impact on Workers and Civilians
- Putting people out of work
- How civilians would react
Impact on the Industry
- Improvements in the industry
- Road Regulations
- Expected arrival
Key Terms and Vocabulary
Acting individually or having the freedom to do so
Involving two or more different modes of transportation in conveying goods
The process of implementing and developing technical standards agreed upon by all groups and governments affected.
Connection to BBI
- Budweiser team up with Uber/Otto
- Affect on consumer behavior?
- 3.2 million people may lose their job
- More jobs in engineering
Supply and Demand
- Demand may increase because people want there stuff delivered by robots
- Supply may increase because their isn't any human factors involved
Affect on the Average Canadian
- Faster Shipments
- Job Loss
Do you think self driving deliveries will have a positive effect on the industry?
Should Uber and the different trucking companies give engineering training to the truckers who may lose their jobs?
Do you think there is going to be protests from truckers like their were against Uber from taxi drivers?
Should self driving deliveries be allowed?