Hinduism is said to be the oldest religion today, with roots, customs and rituals dating back to more than 4000 years ago. It is also the 3rd largest religion in the world after Christianity and Islam, with over 1 billion adherents. That makes around 15% of the world’s population.Hinduism is definitely a unique and complex religion, as it is no one set beliefs, rather a compilation of traditions and philosophies developed over thousands of generations in different regions of india.Although there are many so called “branches” of hinduism, the adherents of this faith share a few basic beliefs.
Of Hindus live in India
- The law of cause and effect.
- This life's deeds will determine the physical form and circumstances you will be born into in your next life.
- "What goes around comes around."
- The soul is, has always been, and will always be. It cannot be destroyed
Goddess of wealth and purity.
Lord of energy, power and devotion.
Lord of wisdom, beginnings and remover of obstacles.
Lord of inevitable destruction of the world (so it can be recreated).
Almighty creator of the world and universe.
- Festival of Colours (Holi)
- Festival of Lights (Diwlai/Deepawali)
- Triumph of Good of Evil ()Dussehra
These celebrations bring individuals to experience the customs close to their heart in a positive way, among other people with similar priorties and traditional values. Celebrating amongst the gods gives indiviuals a sense of closeness to the creator, and peace of mind when there are worries.
Rituals and Ceremonies