The best objectives for museums are: Reach, Traffic, Post Engagement, and Conversions
Daily budget is best used for testing. Lifetime is best used for evergreen content
Note: there are different location options that tend to be underutilized. See below to learn which is best for your museum.
See examples below of how to utilize detailed targeting for your museum
Build the Ad
Choose eye-catching pictures or videos
Launch the Ad
Publish the ad and track its results
- optimizes for the highest number of impressions with no consideration of clicks or actions
- purely for awareness purposes
- videos perform best
- an example ad would be to build awareness around an exhibit you have for a limited time at your museum
- optimizes for landing pages view
- Facebook will send this ad to users who are most likely to click on a link
- web articles or links perform best
- include an eye-catching photo with your link
- pro tip: add a CTA on the page you are linking to. This will result in cheaper ads on Facebook and increased ticket sales
- optimizes for reactions, comments and shares
- Facebook will send this ad to users who are most likely to like, comment or share
- use this campaign if you are trying to build a Facebook following
- you can invite anyone who reacts with the post to follow your page
- optimizes for conversions or sales
- Facebook will send this ad to users who are most likely to purchase something on Facebook
- best used when you're directly trying to sell tickets or memberships to your museum
Everyone in this location: Includes people who live in the selected location and those traveling in the location. This is the most used option
People who live in this location: When selected, Facebook will only send your ad to people who live in the chosen location. This should be used to promote offers for locals or museum memberships.
People traveling in this location: Includes people who are tourists and excludes people who are locals. Tourists will receive the ads while they are currently traveling in the location. Museums can use this option if they are specifically targeting tourists.
Museum of modern art
Below are Facebook interest examples. In the search section of detailed targeting, search for the below interests. Make sure you choose the ones that are labeled 'Interest'.